The Chhattisgarh Board of Secondary Education, formerly known as CGBSE, was constituted after the formation of the Chhattisgarh state. It was formed by the notification number F 10-5-/13/2001 Raipur 20-7-2001 of the Chhattisgarh Government School Education Department. Here, we have provided the complete details about the Chhattisgarh board.
The headquarters of the CGBSE is in Raipur, which is also the capital of the state. There are four divisional offices as mentioned below:
1) Bilaspur: The Bilaspur Divisional office’s work covers Bilaspur, Janjgir, Korba, Raigarh And Mungeli areas.
Address: Divisional Office, Chhattisgarh Board of Secondary Education, Government Multipurpose Higher Secondary School Complex, Near Gandhi Chowk, Bilaspur (Chhattisgarh)
2) Surguja: For the divisional office Surguja, the work area is Surguja, Korea, Balrampur, Surajpur and Jashpur.
Address: Divisional Office, Chhattisgarh Board of Secondary Education, Old B.T.I. Near, Banaras Road Ambikapur (Surguja)
3) Jagdalpur: The Jagdalpur divisional office’s work area has been fixed in Jagdalpur, Dantewada, Bijapur, Narayanpur, Sukma, Kondagaon and Kanker.
Address: Divisional Office, Chhattisgarh Board of Secondary Education, Kevaramunda, Jagdalpur
4) Rajnandgaon: The Rajnandgaon divisional office covers Balod, Bemetara, Durg, Kawardha and Rajnandgaon districts.
Address: Divisional Office, Chhattisgarh Board of Secondary Education, Old Block Education Officer Office, State School Complex, Rajnandgaon
Examinations Conducted by CGBSE
The CGBSE Board conducts the examinations as follow:
- High School (Regular / Self Learning / Vocational)
- Higher Secondary (Regular / Self-Study)
- Higher Secondary Vocational (Regular / Self-Study)
- Diploma in Education (Regular / Correspondence) Two Year Course (After passing Higher Secondary)
The board is known for conducting these examinations independently since the year 2002.
Main functions of the board:
The board conducts the following functions with full responsibility:
- It conducts the High School / Higher Secondary / Higher Secondary Vocational / Physical Training Certificate Examination and D.Ed. Examination.
- It advises the government regarding the proposed syllabus and preparation of textbooks for the Chhattisgarh Board of Secondary Education.
- The board recognises the High School and Higher Secondary Schools located in Chhattisgarh.
- To take all necessary steps to raise the level of the Chhattisgarh Board of Secondary Education.
- To make efforts for the encouragement and motivation of students and teachers.
- Other activities
Recognition of Meritorious Students
The Board of Secondary Education has established a tradition of encouraging excellent students. Under this, students who get a place in the merit list in the 10th and 12th board examinations are awarded.
In the merit of class 10th high school and class 12th higher secondary certificate examination following awards are given:
|Place||10th High school||12th Higher Secondary|
|First place||Gold Medal and Citation||Gold Medal and Citation|
|2nd place||Silver Medal and Citation||Silver Medal and Citation|
|Up to tenth place||Citation||Citation|
|Special backward tribe||Citation||Gold Medal and Citation|
|Faculty 1st Place||Gold Medal and Citation|
|Higher Secondary Professional First Position||Gold Medal and Citation|
Names of various committees for the operation of Chhattisgarh Board of Secondary Education, Raipur
- Executive committee
- Finance committee
- Result committee
- Examination committee
- Recognition committee
- Teachers Welfare Fund Committee
- Curriculum Committee
Similar to the Chhattisgarh Board, Odisha has its state board which is the Board of Secondary Education. It is formerly known as BSE Odisha. It is responsible for designing the course curriculum and aims to provide quality education to the students. The BSE Odisha Board has incorporated the various cultural activities in the curriculum so that students also explore their other skills.