With winter right around the corner and the holiday season creeping up behind us, there are a lot of things that are getting re-arranged around the house. The joy of the season is reflected in the décor and everyone is gearing up for a good time. The ceiling, the walls, and not even a tiny corner is left to be filled with the spirit of the season and course decorations. It is the time to be with your families and enjoy. There are a few ways you can make your table-tops look fancy and festive too! Let us take a look at some of the ideas.
- Table cloths and runners – The table cloths and runners have a big impact on the mood of the room. Since tables are the anchor pieces, they are the focal point in the living area and the dining area. Start by layering runners on table cloths and creating a mix of textures. Get the holiday mood by using a lot of colours if your walls are white or of neutral colour. If you have used a stencil design and decorated the walls with multi-colour designs, then going for a plain white linen table cloth does the trick.
- Add a bowl – Add a big bowl of decorative balls, pinecones, and dried flowers or dried potpourri to set the mood for winter. A bowl of dried oranges, cinnamon, star anise, and cherries and give out a delicious aroma and make the room smell pleasant and look great too.
- Scented candles – We all love scented candles and the pleasant aroma as well as the beautiful colours. They can act as table centrepieces too. Depending on your home colour, you can choose candles that are contrasting and place them on the table. Bunches of 3 candles in different shapes and heights look great as a table piece.
- Add small decorations – The tinier the decorations, the better it is. Bigger ones can take up a lot of space on the tables and leave not enough space for the food you make. One of the ways to make a table look more festive is to add small figurines and statues. They look great and you can create a whole scene with them in the middle of the table.
- Add decorative jars – If you love snow, here is a great tip for you. Put a small pinecone in a jar and sprinkle ample salt on it. It’ll look just like snow! You can create a display with faux plants and snow in a jar with some candy canes alongside a small house. If you want to make a display with some height, you can arrange fishbowls in ascending order with the largest one at the bottom and create a small scene in every individual jar. This not only saves space but also looks great.
- Cupcake stand – Although it is ideally used to display cupcakes and cookies, you can switch it up by adding some decorations and leaving it as a centerpiece. You can repurpose it to look like a tree and decorate it with ornaments.
You can channel the spirit of holidays and make your home more colourful. The ultimate gift to yourself would be being with your loved ones and making memories every day.