The year 2020 will always be a year to remember forever as the Covid-19 was introduced to the world which disturbed the globe from functioning normally. Like every country, UAE also announced a complete 24 hour movement restriction within and inter emirates for the first two weeks of April 2020. However, there were some authorities which did not fall in the restriction category. Private and Public notaries in Dubai were one of them. They introduced online notary services for providing notary services to people in these troubled times.
In this blog we will discuss the question – how do I notarize a document online or how do I notarize a document remotely in Dubai?
For getting a document notarized online there are certain factors that are involved which include the type of documents that can be remotely notarized and other requirements for the process.
Documents that can be notarized online through Public Notary
Online notary services through Dubai Public Notary are limited to the notarization of following documents:
- Legal Notices
- Power of Attorney
- Local Agency Service Agreements
- Civil companies’ Memorandum of Association (“MoA”), addendums and annexures
All documents that shall be notarized online should be issued in either Arabic language or English and Arabic both.
What are the steps for getting a document notarized online through Public Notary?
For getting a document notarized online through public notaries, all applicants must meet the requirement criteria which are stated below:
- Applicants must send a well drafted email to the email address of Public Notary comprising all the necessary details.
- Email should contain all the necessary information along with supporting documents
- Email must contain applicant’s and signatory’s name, mobile number, home address, Emirates ID and verification of authority or capacity
- Supporting documents for the proof of applicant’s authority or capacity
- If the applicant is submitting an application on behalf of a company then they must include the company’s trade license.
What is the process of remote notarization application’s approval through Public Notary?
Once the application is submitted to the public notary in Dubai, it will be reviewed and the applicant will be contacted by the authority. The purpose of the contact will either be asking for further verification or documents or to acknowledge and confirm the approval of notarization. The authority will then verify the necessary information such as applicant’s identity and authorized signature.
After the verification and authentication by the Public Notary, applicant will receive an SMS on the registered mobile number containing details of fees and the link to transfer the payment. As the payment will be made, the notarized document will be sent to the registered address of the applicant through courier.
Documents that can be notarized online through Private Notary
Online notary services through Private Notaries are for almost all kinds of legal documents. Some common are mentioned below:
- Documents related to commercial companies
- Sale and Purchase agreements of all types of assets
- Undertaking and acknowledgements
- Employment offers
- Mortgage transactions
- Assignment Agreements
- Endorsement of signature
- Declaration of unemployment
- Declaration of Residency
- Undertaking to the Ministry of Human Resources & Emiratization
- Acknowledgment of Debt
- Acknowledgment of Cash Receipt
- Declaration for sale of Marine vehicle
- Declaration of assigning shares
- Declaration of Assigning intellectual Right
- Power of Attorney of all kinds
- Minutes of Meeting
- Judicial Warnings and Notifications
What are the steps for getting a document notarized online through a Private Notary?
Following are the steps and requirements for getting a document notarized online through a private notary:
- The application must be emailed to the respective Private Notary’s email address.
- Just like the process for Public Notary, email must contain all the necessary information of the applicant and signatory.
- The email must include the applicant’s and signatory’s name, mobile number, address, proof of identity (Emirates ID) and verification of authority or capacity.
- Supporting documents must be included in the email for the verification of applicant’s authority
- Similar to public notary, while notarizing through a private notary, applicant must include the company’s trade license in case the application is sent on a company’s behalf.
Documents after notarizing will be issued in Arabic or certified dual language (English and Arabic) format.
Need assistance with document notarization in Dubai?
To make notarization a hassle-free thing for our clients, Notary Public Dubai also deal in online notary services and give clients with the best of guidance. They serve clients by taking care of the entire process of making a document legally approved through fast and efficient consultancy. team of legal consultants is available day and night providing clients efficient notary services in Dubai. notary services include preparation, authentication and verification of crucial documents such as power of attorney, business transaction documents, personal documents for legal authentication and wills etc. If you have queries regarding procedures and requirements related to online notary services in Dubai, book a free initial consultancy session with experts now!